My Photo
Name:
Location: Flat Creek, Alabama, United States

A dear friend of mine once said, "I've been around this rodeo enough, to enjoy life as it is dealt to me each day." It has given me an entirely new perspective on life. To describe myself, … I am an easygoing, very low maintenance, down to earth kind of person. Keywords are honesty, truth and integrity. What makes me tick? I guess you could say life. I am a spiritual, but not religious. I do not believe any one set of people, beliefs or teachings have the sole method of what is truth. I accept and respect all beliefs. I believe that is more important to walk your path, than it is to talk your path. Personally, I am more "aligned" with what can be called the "natural-way" or the Ancient and Olde Way.

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Food for Thought

Some time back, before I started this present employment, I wrote of a series of visions and dreams that appeared to affect the south central portion of the United States.

My Visions: The Indictment

Monday, September 19, 2005I Waited To all of those who waitedand for those still waiting...



"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

I Waited

I waited with you while the news of the storm began. You patted my head and told me not to worry, let’s wait and see.

I waited while you packed up what you could from the house and put away all the belongings.

You told me to wait just a while, let’s watch the TV.

I waited for you to say let’s go when they said we all had to leave.

I waited when they told you I couldn’t go with you. I sat and watched you go.

I waited from the window while I saw you drive away, you looked back at me and said “Wait out the storm, I’ll be back.”

I waited.

I was so thirsty I drank only the water that was there waiting for me, rising above me.

I waited while boats and people and helicopters went by and asked if there was anyone waiting to be saved.

I did not reply. I knew others like you were waiting longer than me.

I waited while my stomach grew thin and sore longing for food and full of toxins but hoping any moment that someone would stop ....and tell me that you were waiting for me.

I waited while I heard others like me... wailing, swimming in dark waters or tied up burning in the hot sun.

I dreamt someone would bring me to you, waiting for me.

I waited. ..While my aches grow to pain beyond recognition but I wanted you to know I was waiting for you.

I tremble and wait for death now because anything else would be too much to bear.

But I will wait for you forever.

I will wait for you in Heaven.

Our deepest sympathy goes out to the many Americans devastated by Hurricane Katrina who have lost family and friends. They are all in our thoughts and prayers.posted by Mystical Me @ 9:56 PM 5 comments

As I read the blog and then watched the associated web page with the music "I will remember you" The forgotten ones... I couldn't help but think of the last quote I believe that was on the web page from Ghandi, about how you can tell about a nation, a people, an individual, by how well they take care of their pets, or animals in general.

The devastation of "Katrina" was and still is beyond normal comprehension. Yet today, September 23rd, "Rita" is knocking on New Orleans' side door, and getting ready to pound down the southwest Louisanna and north Texas coast door with a battering punch.

Having personally experienced 2004's Charlie, Frances and Jeannie within 15 miles of the storms center, I can to a lesser extent relate to what has happened elsewhere with Ivan last year, Dennis, Katrina and now Rita this year.

I'm sad to say that while I'm proud to be an American, I'm disappointed in the materialistic nature that American society has progressed to. Watching the looting in New Orleans after Katrina of items that need electricity to work (TVs, stereos, etc), taking more clothes than one could possibly wear in a month, more worried about our $40,000 SUV than our pets, the elderly in nursing and assisted living facilities,...right now we suck!

Today as northeast Texas and southwest Louisiana make final preparations for "Rita" I can only hope that the core of society in those areas are of considerably different moral fibre than was witnessed in New Orleans.

When "Katrina" crossed south Florida, she fooled even the professionals at the NHC by turning southwest away from the forecasted track through south-central Florida. Now, today, "Rita" has made a slight drift or turn to the right and no longer has the area between Corpus Christi and Galveston in her sights, but instead between Galveston and Port Arthur. I wonder how many idiots who were subject to the mandatory evacuations will turn around and try to sue the State of Texas because the storm turned and they didn't need to evacuate.

In closing, the subject post is awesome, and cuts to the heart of our society. 10:10 AM

As I consider the course of human events surrounding Hurricane Katrina and now Hurricane Rita, it really forces me to acknowledge that I am right where I am supposed to be in my life at this moment in time. It solidifies my beliefs in almost all “religions” and the basic premise of “Harm No One”, which to my understanding includes all forms of life, and that all life is truly sacred.
As I have written many times about General Douglas MacArthur’s speech from the U.S.S. Missouri on September 2, 1945 in Tokyo Harbor, "It must be of the Spirit, if we are to save the flesh."
Those words at the end of General MacArthur's address from the deck of the U.S.S. Missouri at the end of World War II in the Pacific could not be truer of the condition of mankind. For it is the heart, the soul, t he spirit, the psyche of our make up that defines not only who we are, but also how we face each new day of the gift of life. Having witnessed the effects of the 2004 hurricanes in Central Florida, the devastation of Hurricane Katrina, I am sad to say, That with all our “technical” advances in American society, that our moral and spiritual character is deficient and flawed.
Many I am sure will question my position and I welcome it. They will say that hurricanes are an act of nature or an act of God or some other vague or inane statement. Hurricanes are a natural series of events associated with weather and climate around the globe. For so many years, we Americans, and for that matter all nations, have ignored the cumulative effect of our human actions, . . . Air pollution . . . Water pollution . . . Pollution of the entire Earth through sewage dumping, nuclear wastes, toxic chemicals and more. For years now, since I graduated from high school in 1975 I have heard about and read about the cause and effects of global warming.

Silver Eagle

2 Comments:

Blogger Guru Indonesia said...

thanks silver eagle
best,
ruanguji

5:26 PM  
Blogger Navigator said...

this is great post!
br,
https://www.carmudi.co.id/cars/jakarta/

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home