My Photo
Name:
Location: Flat Creek, Alabama, United States

A dear friend of mine once said, "I've been around this rodeo enough, to enjoy life as it is dealt to me each day." It has given me an entirely new perspective on life. To describe myself, … I am an easygoing, very low maintenance, down to earth kind of person. Keywords are honesty, truth and integrity. What makes me tick? I guess you could say life. I am a spiritual, but not religious. I do not believe any one set of people, beliefs or teachings have the sole method of what is truth. I accept and respect all beliefs. I believe that is more important to walk your path, than it is to talk your path. Personally, I am more "aligned" with what can be called the "natural-way" or the Ancient and Olde Way.

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Welcome to Silver Eagle's Blog


The Road to Atl'aman:
Becoming a Warrior of the Spirit

Greetings and Blessings,
Welcome to my little part of the Internet. On the pages that follow you will read of my dedication, creed, foundation of beliefs, as well as some of my writings, visions and sermons. What I have posted here, is not to persuade you or to even attempt to try to change your own beliefs. Rather, they represent the life experiences, hence the wisdom I have gained over my brief journey on this Earth. It is my hope and prayer that if the following pages do anything, they will cause you to become grounded in your own personal beliefs and faith.
To summarize my belief system in but a few short paragraphs would be a challenge in and of itself. But in an effort to assist you in determining where I'm coming from, I'll give it the old college try ...
My foundation is predominantly a Christian background, with over 20 years of personal study in the Scriptures (biblical and extra-biblical writings). However, in as much as "religions" are man's attempt at a belief in a power greater than themself, they are also man's attempt at retaining some assemblence of control. In my scriptural studies, there was often that question pertaining to dogmas and doctrines ... Why?
I began to learn to question everything, especially the sacred cows of dogma. Always think for yourself. Experiment and learn from all that life has to offer you. Listen to and consider the wisdom of others, and try on their ideas as you might try on a new coat for size. Never buy a new coat just because it seems to fit; it must be practical, within your price range, and look good on you too. And above all, build your own foundation belief system from the wealth of your own personal life experience.
As I began to question everything, I also began to search and seek wisdom and understanding from multiple sources. My first stop on this journey was that of Native American Spirituality. It was here that I came to my first understanding of the interrelatedness of all life ... Mitakuye Oyasin ... We are all related, We are all one. It was also hear that I accepted as my own belief, the sanctity of all life, not just human, but plant, animal and everything else here on the Earth.
The next stop on this journey was in part due to my affinity for Arthurian Legend, and something I read in a book by Ed McGaa, The Rainbow Tribe. This stop was a journey and continued study through Celtic and Druidic beliefs. Here my understanding of Natural Spirituality from Native American Spirituality was deepened. Here also I began to study and evaluate the concept of "The Goddess". I learned that life is a balance, albeit ever so delicate.
I have also made brief stops in Buddism, Wicca, Eastern Mysticism. But one of the most solidifying stops was a journey through Toltec Wisdom and the books of Don Miguel Ruiz and Theun Mares. What I learned to date through my studies, is that life is a mystery. That it our duty to explore that mystery, to gain understanding of our own spirit, and to make our own decisions. That includes lifting the veil of illusion from what our social and familial conditioning.
What I have learned in the past few years, is to neither accept nor reject anything, that is to place no value upon the teachings of mankind. Instead to explore the mystery of life and all that it has to offer. To accept that which fits my understanding in the current moment of time. To allow that which does not fit to sit on the shelf of possible future reference.
One would then question likely where am I at Spiritually? I am here at this moment right where I am supposed to be on my journey. I am truly not the "traditional" Christian, nor the "traditional" pagan. My belief system is a mixture of beliefs, basically Christian yet interwoven with the understandings of my studies to deepen my relationship with all that there is, was and will be. It is firmly seated in the harmony and balance of all life.
As I said at the beginning a short synopsis would be a challenge, but there it is. Again all I ask is that you read with an open heart and mind and allow the spirit within you to discern what, if any of this, fits for you or into your belief system and values.
Mitakuye Oyasin,
A Guardian and Servant of Spirit,
Silver Eagle

1 Comments:

Blogger foxfiresbull said...

I very much enjoyed your blog writings... very very nice.

I look forward to reading more of your blogs...

I had also wanted to ask permission to post one of them on a blog site i am on now...

so it is your decision...so i will wait to hear back from you.

((huggszz))

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home