My Photo
Name:
Location: Flat Creek, Alabama, United States

A dear friend of mine once said, "I've been around this rodeo enough, to enjoy life as it is dealt to me each day." It has given me an entirely new perspective on life. To describe myself, … I am an easygoing, very low maintenance, down to earth kind of person. Keywords are honesty, truth and integrity. What makes me tick? I guess you could say life. I am a spiritual, but not religious. I do not believe any one set of people, beliefs or teachings have the sole method of what is truth. I accept and respect all beliefs. I believe that is more important to walk your path, than it is to talk your path. Personally, I am more "aligned" with what can be called the "natural-way" or the Ancient and Olde Way.

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Since I'm ranting ...

Over the past twenty years I have observed or witnessed many things, events, and changes in the United States, the world and humanity in general. Some may consider my writings or rantings here on this blog or in The World of Silver Eagle to be rather negative or anti-American society. That is far from the case, at least in my opinion. Much of what I have written about is this present course that human events in America seem to be taking us towards. I still believe that the United States of America is still the best place in the world to live. But I am not an ostrich, and I'm not going to bury my head in the sand to not see, or admit, or acknowledge what is going on in this country or in the world for that matter either. You can take being "politically-correct" and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

Does my opinion offend you? Guess what, that's why it's my opinion. If it offends you . . . hmm . . . does that mean what I've said or written must be cutting to the quick of your nature? Have I caused you to consider your personal accountability and personal responsibility to being a contributing member of this human society? Does it make you uneasy after reading to look in the mirror at the individual you are?



When you get what you want in your struggle for self,
And the world makes you shine for the day,
Just go to the mirror and look at yourself,
And see what that face has to say.
For it isn't your father or mother or wife,
Who judgment upon you must pass;
The person's whole verdict counts most in your life,
Is the one staring back from the glass?
Some people may think you a straight-shootin' chum,
And you're always willing to try,
But that face in the glass says you're only a bum,
If you can't look it straight in the eye.
There's the one to please, never mind all the rest,
For it's with you clear up to the end,
And you've passed your most dangerous, difficult test
If the one in the glass is your friend.
You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years,
And get pats on the back as you pass,
But your final reward will be heartaches and tears
If you've cheated the one in the glass!

I wrote earlier on this BLOG about "Living Wages" and certain economic events or actions such as sports figures, corporate CEO's, making in excess of a million dollars a year, and I should add to that group the stage and film actors and actresses too!

In the 30 years since graduating from high school I have watched, read reports of, and heard reports of jobs leaving the country. Whole corporations moving part or all of their operation out of the United States. Why?


A number of reasons.
1) The American society has become law suit happy. . . the individual who sued McDonald's because the coffee was hot and she burned herself when she spilled it on her lap . . . the burgular who sued a homeowner for being shot in the thigh while robbing the homeowner's residence and being caught in the act.
2) Everyone seems to want something for nothing . . . laziness . . . to get paid for doing nothing . . . or the federal government paying farmers to NOT farm their fields.
3) The costs associated with running a business or corporation, . . . workman's compensation . . . environmental restrictions . . . liability insurance . . . malpractice insurance . . . unemployment insurance . . . taxes.
4) The lack of many individuals taking responsibility for their actions.

No where in the Constitution of the United States does it say the government owes an individual diddly-squat, yet over the years people have discovered that by voting in this congressperson or senator into office they'll get something free back. Damnit, social programs are not meant to be a way of living, but a way of getting a leg up to get on your own. Yet we've all, I'm sure read stories of certain parts of the country where there have been two or more generations of a family living on welfare! What ever happened to the addage about "Don't give a man a fish to eat for today, but teach him how to fish to feed himself for a lifetime?"


Years ago when I was in the military and the "Cold War" was still running strong, the rhetoric about nuclear weapons and bombing this or that country back into the stone age abounded. Now I have to wonder, is the or was the "simple-life" of the stone age better to this so-called technilogically advanced society of today? I mean is a automobile really worth one or two years salary? Is it really necessary to spend ten times the annual federal poverty level income of approximately $17,000.00 on purchasing a home? Or spending more than you make in one day for a pair of tennis shoes?


We've lost sight of the basics . . . food . . . shelter . . . clothing. We often joke about it when listening to today's elderly talking about when they went to school, and how they might have to walk five to ten miles in the snow to get to and from school. Yet I wonder, today how long is the average school bus ride?


Okay ... enough said for today.

Silver Eagle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home