My Photo
Name:
Location: Flat Creek, Alabama, United States

A dear friend of mine once said, "I've been around this rodeo enough, to enjoy life as it is dealt to me each day." It has given me an entirely new perspective on life. To describe myself, … I am an easygoing, very low maintenance, down to earth kind of person. Keywords are honesty, truth and integrity. What makes me tick? I guess you could say life. I am a spiritual, but not religious. I do not believe any one set of people, beliefs or teachings have the sole method of what is truth. I accept and respect all beliefs. I believe that is more important to walk your path, than it is to talk your path. Personally, I am more "aligned" with what can be called the "natural-way" or the Ancient and Olde Way.

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, October 20, 2005

A Mission

Michigan - Today I set out with one mission in mind: to visit the grave site of my paternal grandfather, Michael Silaghi. Above is his grave marker, as it says he ways born in 1898 and passed away in 1959 when I was just two years old. I didn't know exactly where the cemetery was, though I did remember what road it was on. My grandmother thought that it was at 10 Mile Road and Inkster Road. Driving around on 10 Mile Road and found it where Beech Road dead-ends at the entrance to the cemetery.

I went into the office to get directions to "Pa's" grave site. The man in the office was most helpful and within minutes I was following the directions and map he provided me. As I followed the map, I passed the crypt of Frank Navins, founder of the Detroit Tigers. I knew from past experience that I wasn't far from Pa's grave site, when all my memories from the past began to flood my brain. Then as I passed this one tree, I saw it, four rows back from the road, just like recapturing a photo from the past, and my emotions just cut loose, tears began streaming down my cheeks uncontrollably. As I got out of the rental car, all the way to the grave site and for a good few minutes of being there at the grave the tears just continued to poor out.

There at the grave site, I had the most awesome and euphoric feeling come over me. I understand that only his physical remains have been there since 1959. Yet it was as if his spirit which has been around and with me for many years now, was intensified in this place. I cleared the leaves and pulled the overgrowing grass from the edges of the grave stone.

After cleaning up the marker, I sat below and to the left of the marker, lit an incense stick which I had brought with me. I went into one of my trance-like meditations and soon we were talking together in the spirit and again my tears of happiness flowed down my cheeks. His presence was surrounding me and it was like some 46-47 years ago when I used to sit upon his lap.

As I sat there I could here flocks upon flocks of Canadian Geese flying nearby. The trees of autumn in there changing colors were beautiful. The above photo of the Canadian geese was one of four small flocks of about 50 geese that were feeding on insects across the roadway from Pa's grave site. I was very happy that I went today. It was as if being rejuvenated in my spirit. Even though Pa was around for only two years of my life, I know and have experienced his presence regularly in the last few years.

I'm not sure what it was, but after my hour visit with Pa, I really couldn't leave. I don't know what it was but for almost another hour, I felt a need to stay there. Whether it was the peacefulness and serenity of the place; or that because I am a shaman and deathwalker that I truly have a connection to this place and able to walk in both worlds: physical and spiritual. I know this ... I was there because I was supposed to be there today. I am truly blessed today by the Great Spirit, by God and Goddess. It was a good day!

Silver Eagle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home