My Photo
Name:
Location: Flat Creek, Alabama, United States

A dear friend of mine once said, "I've been around this rodeo enough, to enjoy life as it is dealt to me each day." It has given me an entirely new perspective on life. To describe myself, … I am an easygoing, very low maintenance, down to earth kind of person. Keywords are honesty, truth and integrity. What makes me tick? I guess you could say life. I am a spiritual, but not religious. I do not believe any one set of people, beliefs or teachings have the sole method of what is truth. I accept and respect all beliefs. I believe that is more important to walk your path, than it is to talk your path. Personally, I am more "aligned" with what can be called the "natural-way" or the Ancient and Olde Way.

Powered by Blogger

Friday, October 21, 2005

Hurricane Wilma


Plymouth, Michigan -- A few days ago while celebrating my 48th birthday with my mother and friend at home in Winter Haven, Florida, I told them that I saw Hurricane Wilma crossing the State of Florida on a Fort Meyers to Melbourne line, which appears to be about 30 miles to the north of the black line across the State of Florida on the above satellite image at 1:15pm on the 21st of October. Interestingly enough just four hours ago, the forecast was for Wilma to be crossing the south central part of Florida between 7pm Sunday and 7am Monday. Now just four hours later it is anticipated to cross Florida between 7am Monday and 7pm Monday.

Of course the longer the delay in Wilma's movement could also interrupt my return travel plans from Michigan and my 30th High School Reunion on Wednesday the 26th. According to the latest forecast information posted by the National Hurricane Center, Wilma "should" be off the Florida east coast near the Kennedy Space Center by 7pm Tuesday night.

Just a little distance information:
Winter Haven to Orlando International Airport --- approximately 40 miles, northeast
Winter Haven to Kennedy Space Center --- approximately 60 miles, east-northeast
Winter Haven to Fort Meyers --- approximately 60 miles, south-southwest
Hurricane Wilma's current eye diameter --- approximately 30 miles
Hurricane force winds (75mph or more) extend outward up to 85 miles
Tropical storm force winds (34mph or more) extend outward up to 200 miles

In retrospect the 2004 Hurricanes ... Charlie, Frances and Jeanie passed between 7 and 15 miles from Winter Haven. Charlie had an eye diameter of only 5 miles and Frances and Jeanie had eye diameters of 15 miles.

Hurricane Wilma at 7am Monday is forecasted to be a Category 2 hurricane and retain Hurricane status as it crosses Florida and be a Category 1 hurricane at 7am Tuesday in the Atlantic Ocean off shore the Kennedy Space Center.

Personally, I don't have a good feeling or reading of this storm and it's effects on Central Florida. The numbers definately do not look good, especially the fact that it retains hurricane status all the way across the state.

Silver Eagle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home